As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position is a Data Scientist role in CIO supporting DGC that is focused on leading the design, development, and implementation of machine learning models to drive business results.The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees.Join us as we lead with designto drive simplicity and ease of use,engineering the systems that run the business, andinnovatingto transform the business. Responsibilities include building innovative analytical models, testing and validating models, data gathering and research, fact-based quantitative analysis, systematic model explainability, interpreting the models in business terms, and communicating findings to business leaders. The Data Scientist will provide direction, guidance, and oversight for other data scientists on the team, as well as manage modelpipeline and perform change management.As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• BA/BS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field
• Proficiency in Python
• Experience with machine learning libraries (e.g., scikit-learn)
• Experience or coursework in machine learning and/or natural language processing
• Statistical modeling through software (e.g. SPSS) or programming language (e.g. Python or R)
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Experience in Agile development
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• MS in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related STEM field
• Experience and/or coursework in Deep Learning
• Proficiency with other programming languages such as R and SQL
• Professional experience with Spark and/or TensorFlow
• Hands-on experience deploying analytical models to solve business problems
• Ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling processes
• Experience with data visualization tools
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing. We prefer this candidate to be in our RTP/Raleigh, NC or New York City office.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.