We are looking for high motivated IBM System Z technical professionals interested in helping clients with their installation of IBM Z software products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Join a team of services professionals to provide technical services to clients across North America. Customer satisfaction with IBM and our products is the main aim of the job. 25% of the work will require travel.
Communicate with the client teams and their clients to understand their business problems and goals, then architect, deploy, and provide enablement for solutions utilizing existing IBM Z products
Provide technical assistance to customers who need help implementing IBM Z software or using it to the best of its ability.
Travel to customer locations across US and Canada.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• A minimum of 5 years working in a mainframe operations environment providing an operational, service, consultancy or support role.
• Demonstrated written and communications skills.
• Your skills should include implementing and using at least one of the following products, with a desire to expand your skills to cover others.
• Security products: RACF, zSecure
• Print products: Infoprint
• DevOps products: AD, DI, IDz RTCee, zD&T, DBB and GIT/Hub
• PDTools: IBM Debug Tool, Fault Analyzer, File Manager, Data Set Commander, Hourglass
• The ability to use TSO and ISPF is expected as well as good JCL skills and the ability to write simple REXX programs
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Knowledge of other z software including COBOL, PL/I, JCL, VSAM/QSAM, DB2, NetView, Assembler/PLX, SMP/E, RACF security, and other operations tools are useful although not mandatory
• Knowledge of the products that compete against the IBM products listed previously, will be an advantage.
• Experience with Applications Development on IBM Z is a plus
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.