At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As part of a team of 4: end-to-end execution of specific processes including but are not limited to Q2C functions and processes, IBM Firm Order Policy ( FOP) & Order Fulfillment, building customer pricing & structure proposals, acting as L0 approvers in Software Quote and Order (SQO) order submission and royalty payments to our partner & overseeing renewal revenue. We are looking for an agile candidate who is a problem solver and critical thinker with strong time management skills and able to manage changing priorities efficiently. One who exhibits the ability to work in a dynamic and evolving work environment and able to quickly learn new skills and concepts as the business requires. This is a team environment, interdependent upon each for maintaining high, operational performance metrics. The team is cross trained on all responsibilities so can handle any action the business may require and backup each other as needed.
• Professional knowledge and understanding related to IBM business operations and processes, how all the pieces flow and influence one another, awareness of all available resources, and using them all effectively in order to meet responsibilities and deadlines.
• Communication/Negotiation : Engaged as an independent professional. Ability to articulate and compare alternative approaches. Negotiate with specified objectives. Strong communication skills, attention to details, ownership, and accountability. This includes guiding others (IBM and BOX sellers typically) with accurate communication, both written & verbal internally, and the ability to address the Project Office’s responsibilities and actions externally.
• Problem Solving: Recognize problems related to project objectives. Proactive to minimize risk, while identifying areas for improvement and proposing/implementing solutions. Some examples are IBM AR disputes (includes customer order and invoice reconciliation), review and reconciliation for BOX royalty invoices and royalties due to BOX, customer satisfaction issues, seller support challenges and resolution.
• Impact on Business/Scope: Accountable for individual and team results, and for the impact of the results on functional activities. Contributes by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impacts customer satisfaction, or impacts immediate costs or expenses. Ability to independently prioritize and identify business critical activities. Some examples will include effectively managing requests and projects, daily responsibilities, and meeting all deadlines and due dates without management direction. Prioritize daily demands based on business needs including availability for higher demand cycles such as month end, reporting, reconciliation or information requested by management and or executives. Availability to meet global business demands to support the partnership. Accountable for projects and processes involving multi-functional, country-wide or regional teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2+ years experience SQO, Fastpass, Atlas
• 2+ years experience BI/Cognos reporting,
• 2+ years experience proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 1-2 years experience Concepts & Processes: FOP
• 1-2 years experience Order Fulfillment
• 1-2 years experience Royalties, Renewals
• 1-2 years experience Accounts Receivables, IBM Contracts, T’s & C’s, SD’s.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.