At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As we tackle the world’s biggest challenges, our company continues to grow, and we’re looking for talented Sales Leaders to join us in this new era. Be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals.
IBM Cloud Expert Labs is hiring several Software Services Sales Leaders . If you are passionate about helping clients innovate using the latest Cloud and Cognitive computing technologies to solve their real world problems this is the job for you. You will champion the development of clear business benefits to our current and potential clients. You will support account teams in developing targeted plans to ensure the successful capture of business in the industry.
• Actively manage and grow accounts in a large, pre-existing customer base.
• Visit customers to through solution selling.
• Use your outside sales experience to prospect, identify and develop new, exciting business relationships with customers and business partners
• Work closely with the services offering team to understand existing offerings and to develop new offerings that fit the ever changing customer requirement landscape.
• Work closely with the account team and service delivery team to understand the scope of the engagement and procurement process in order to provide information and recommendations.
• Lead or work in support of the pursuit team in developing and substantiating a winning value proposition with customized or packaged offerings that meet the needs of the customer, including analyzing critical business drivers and risks.
• Lead post signature activities for contract integration, change management, governance activities, up sells and renegotiations.
• Once the deal is signed, work closely with the service delivery manager to transition to perform by ensuring the scope and expectations are understood, ensuring project success.
• High Integrity and strives for accuracy
• Personal drive and internal motivation toward high achievement
• Committed to personal development in order to stay up to date on market trends and impacts
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability; willingness to take risks and try new approaches
• Team player able to work with current team and share best practices
• Ability to sustain high levels of activity
• Excellent communication & listener (oral and written and presentation skills)
• Ability to prioritize and make quick decisions under pressure
• Able to build rapport and maintain
• Able to problem solve
• Ability to handle obstacles and rejection and perform at the highest level of productivity
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
A minimum of 4 years of business to business IT sales experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Knowledge of Cloud-based software technologies, including OpenShift and IBM Cloud products
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.