At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
The person in role will have direct work experience in an external sales capacity. Serves as the customer advocate throughout the sales cycle, and manages client IT, LOB or buyer group customer relationships. This position is responsible for client satisfaction and revenue generation via frequent communications within the territory. Identifies opportunities, and works within a team including Territory Sales Representatives (TSRs) Sales Specialists, Business Partners, Influencers and others as appropriate. Be able to participate in opportunity validation, qualification and prioritization. Also performs as the central point to pull together the elements of a customer solution. Populates and maintains a customer records database to support opportunity pipeline management. Follows up and participates within a territory sales team in closing the sale. To ensure that the customers understand the solution and its benefits, pricing, delivery, warranty and contract information and any other relevant terms and conditions. Follows up on quotes, contract submissions within IBM and with the customer to accelerate and close the sale. Identifies and establishes ongoing relationships with the IBM team that generates increased IBM revenue in the assigned territory. Engages, builds relationships and works with business partners to ensure their participation in cost effective achievement of sales objectives.
Understands business issues and identifies industry solution opportunities and recommends IBM products, services and solutions that solve the business problem. Remain current on IBM products/services/solutions, selling techniques, productivity tools, competitive offerings and approaches and the customer territory, organization and decision makers.
• Navigating an extensive portfolio of strategic service partnerships based on proactive market screening, account targeting and business analysis techniques for potential engagement
• Acting as liaison within the sales organization until formal engagement, facilitating the transition to engagement and staying involved after engagement, as appropriate
• Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of key competitors and potential partners offering, strategies and plans in order to effectively differentiate IBM offerings and evaluate potential alliances
• Collaborating with team members, other IBM resources and multiple levels of client executive management to define strategies and engage in ongoing negotiations to meet customer requirements
• Analyzing business situations, assessing risk and implementing innovative solutions to address client s complex problems
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 4 years experience in B2B sales and lead generation
• At least 2 years experience in HR Services and/or Recruitment Process Outsourcing with an emphasis on employee HR services experience, automation and full cycle recruiting
• At least 3 years experience with sales techniques and tools, including assessment resources
• At least 3 years experience with Microsoft Office products and other software to be used to support relevant business/industry data analysis
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 3 years experience in all facets of business development process, including financial, business and industry insights and consultative selling
• Bachelor's degree
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.