The IBM Analyst Relations team is seeking a talented individual for a dynamic role within our strategy and operations department in order to support four internal business areas on diverse projects and program initiatives. The AR Strategy & Operations team serves as the central infrastructure supporting AR professionals across IBM’s businesses; responsibilities include analytics and reporting, executive communications, event planning, contracts, tools and technology. The role requires a combination of project management and coordination across multiple concurrent projects, working with a mix of stakeholders and third parties to serve as the “glue” connecting data, content, and user engagement within our specialties. This role is open for applicants in the Boston (Cambridge) and NY (North Castle, Manhattan) areas.
Analyst Relations is at the nexus of IBM sales and strategy. It plays a critical, cross-functional role by working with experts at many different levels of the organization across product management, engineering, communications, sales and marketing teams, while leveraging important technology analysts and key global influencer community. Analyst Relations is considered a strategic function at IBM, as it drives revenue and influences strategy.
Candidate should have:
• Strong ability in data analytics, synthesis and reporting with a focus on actionability and outcomes
• Strong content and proficient story writing skills.
• Ability to glean insights from data, communicate it to peers, and create executive-level talking points.
• Ability to leverage data to craft unique solutions to elevate the Analyst Relations efforts.
• Effectively project manage such that you can handle multiple projects, from beginning to end.
• Ability to teach new concepts and methods to other teammates and build consensus.
• An eagerness to work with highly influential individuals both in and outside of the company.
• Candidate must have the tenacity, determination and patience to be able to challenge conventional thinking and processes. Also, key to the role are the following traits; analytical, entrepreneurial, persistent, collaborative, open and expressive. Must like to laugh.
Candidate will report to Manager of Strategy & Operations Team in Analyst Relations, based in Boston, MA.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Supporting a data scientist in collecting, preparing, analyzing, and visualizing data for presentations with management and executives.
• Contributing to content development efforts including writing, editing, and publishing to various platforms
• Assisting the lead event coordinator with project management and coordination of events including industry conferences, news flashes, and virtual presentations.
• Managing social media profiles and engaging with audiences on twitter and several social platforms. This will include tracking social media data for reporting.
• Develop, manage and create content for the Analyst Relations department.
Applicants must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years professional experience
• Strong technical skills including data analysis and advanced abilities in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; ability to quickly grasp new digital tools and technology (Box, Webex, Slack)
• Excellent writing ability and verbal communication skills.
• Expertise in creating compelling data-based content and graphics, and presenting them in Word and PowerPoint.
• Expert organizational skills to manage multiple concurrent tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to manage ambiguity and solve problems independently.
• Knowledge of social media platforms, best practices and community management.
• Experience in event planning, coordination and execution.
• Unwavering attention to detail and excellence.
• Compassion and respect for fellow colleagues and clients.
• Entrepreneurial mindset, being able to operate in a highly visible and accountable role.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• MBA or other advanced degree
• 5+ years of work technology flavored experience in: Data Analytics, Market Research, Performance Marketing, Management Consulting, Strategy, Product Management, or Communications
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.