Have you heard about the IBM Garage? It's a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. We use Enterprise Design Thinking, our industry-leading IBM Garage Methodology and IBM's multidisciplinary experts in full speed from the start. We design, develop, test, and deliver solutions. Startup speed. Enterprise scale. We apply user-centric approaches to ensure all features add value for the user and achieve desired client impact.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will work with the IBM Garage team along with the client CISO and/or Security SMEs to ensure security and compliance requirements are integrated into Minimum Viable Solution (MVS). You are a thought leader in DevSecOps practices and have hands on expertise with security practices across the infrastructure, applications, and networks. If you're interested in learning more about the IBM Garage, click here: https://www.ibm.com/garage
· Utilize the IT risk management discipline to define relevant policies, standards, & controls for the solution.
· Ensure requirements for security & data privacy controls are integral throughout all phases of the solution lifecycle.
· Design the innovative security architecture; ensure the security, reliability & integrity requirements are met as a part of the overall solution architecture. Ensure inter-dependencies with other functions are addressed.
· Lead security component integration and delivery via hands-on experience addressing security issues for cloud-based applications, containers, infrastructure, and networks.
· Forge strong working relationships with the client, IBM Garage teams, and the Product Owner.
· Understand the current IT security risk landscape; articulate security requirements, issues, and solutions in business terms for leaders.
· Apply consulting methodologies, problem-solving techniques, and industry knowledge to determine and address client's security needs.
· Translate client business requirements to help define the structure of solutions and architectures, including systems, applications, and process components.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Demonstratable knowledge in at least 2 of the following: Security Info and Event Management (SIEM), Security Orchestration & Automation (SOAR), Encryption Implementations (PKI, Key Management, KYOK, etc.) , Firewalls/Segmentation/Secure Networks, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Anti-Malware, DDoS Protection, Mobile Device Security, Endpoint Event Detection & Response, Security Patch Management, Incident Resolution, Identity Access & Management / SSO, IT Risk Management, IT Regulatory Compliance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Client facing experience on an incentive-based plan.
· Experience with Agile Methodologies
· Working knowledge of key IT security standards and related controls (NIST, ISO, …)
· Familiarity with IT regulatory concepts and their ramifications on security controls (HIPAA, EU-GDPR, …)
· CISSP or CCSP
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.