At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Are you a sales professional who is as passionate about selling security services as you are about knowing your clients' business and industry? Are you interested in making a difference for clients with IT security solutions that provide business results and a competitive edge?
Your Role and Responsibilities
Client Solution Executive - Security Services
The Client Solution Executive is the lead sales person on a security engagement, responsible for the overall sales effort. The Client Solution Executive is responsible for the development and closing of complex security solutions to senior client executives, which can include the CISO, CFO, CIO and evaluation committees. They are required to have an in-depth understanding of the client's business, goals, strategies and industry trends and directions. The Client Solution Executive is responsible for leading multi-disciplined security teams, and integrating security products and services required to meet business needs.
• Develop an in-depth working knowledge of the client and an ability to market very complex IBM security solutions, products and services.
• Leads large, very complex security engagement teams responsible for the development of deliverables, such as client proposals and presentations.
• Drives and manages an effective partnership with the clients through contact with executive management and individuals that influence the executive team. Conducts client negotiations on very complex issues at the senior executive level reaching lasting agreements and commitments.
• Anticipates future client problems in industry and information technology trends and develops realistic visions and strategies based on risk management plans. Makes decisions based on scope of the deal and possible trade-offs to best meet the client’s objectives within the limits necessary to win the contract.
• Applies creativity and judgment in developmental work on very complex opportunities or other projects within the business environment.
Impact on Business/Scope:
• Accountable for business unit and specific personal objectives, including contract signings, profit, expense, and customer satisfaction.
• Develops the strategies and tactics that will win the business, including teaming arrangement, alliances, subcontractors, competitive strategies, tactics and responses.
• Manages to a high level of customer satisfaction. Designs and implements plans to increase customer satisfaction. Has overall responsibility for the final proposal to the client.
Candidate can be located preferably in Toronto & Markham with 25% travel is required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
English Fluent (Verbal and Written)
English and French Fluent (Verbal and Written) for Montreal location
At least 3 years of sales experience in selling projects related to one of the core security domains: Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC), Identity & Access Management (IAM) , Data Security or Security Operations Center (SOC) / SIEM
At least 1 year of sales experience in working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
At least 1 year of sales experience in working with security consulting teams
Readiness to travel 25% travel annually
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 8 years of sales experience in selling projects related to one of the core domains: Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC), Identity & Access Management (IAM), Data Security or Security Operations Center (SOC) / SIEM
At least 3 years experience in management consulting and/or systems integration
At least 5 years sales experience in working with security consulting teams
Industry recognized security certifications. This can include security methodology (Eg. CISSP, CISA, ITIL, etc.) or vendor specific (product) certifications (Eg. CCSP, JNCIS-FWV, etc.).
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.