At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Support responsibilities include:
o Ensures support requests from clients are worked within expected SLAs and with high quality.
o Works closely with other regional IBM Cloud Object Storage support centers to ensure support requests are appropriately worked from a global perspective and are escalated to additional subject matter experts as needed as per defined processes.
o Engages with clients to understand their current implementation and future plans.
o Helps clients find solutions to technical challenges.
o Identifies, creates, or enhances processes, knowledge base articles, and product improvements as part of a continuous review of support case trends.
o Performs on-call support duties, which requires outside business hours on-call capability.
Services responsibilities include:
o Works with clients, business partners, IBM sales teams, and other IBM services-oriented teams to develop solutions and plans to meet client requirements.
o Identifies and delivers services to clients, which include but limited to new system installation, system expansion, system health check, training, consulting and premium support.
o Generates estimates for services, while working with other teams to define SOW and contracts with clients and internal teams.
o Works with the IBM financial team to recover costs for services performed.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Enjoys working with clients and solving problems.
• Meticulous and thorough in issue analysis and documenting next steps/resolution.
• Experience in customer support in the data storage industry or equivalent.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or comparable experience.
• Up to 10% travel required. May include international, local with use of own vehicle, and short notice.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Knowledge of HTTP, REST API, S3, Linux and distributed system architecture and networks.
• Fluency in another language other than English is a plus.
• This position is customer facing (all audience levels) with direct phone and email communications, which requires good interpersonal skills along with good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to effectively work with IBM teams in other time zones.
• Good listener to fully understand customer requests and help to resolve the issue.
• Data driven approach to identifying concerns and driving improvement actions.
• Proactive “can-do” contribution to overcome obstacles through strong influencing and collaboration skills.
• A working knowledge of case management in Salesforce, or equivalent, is desirable.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.