At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role performs varying degrees of problem determination and resolution of desktop hardware and software issues through the effective use of available technical resources, per contracted service level agreements. They may also perform Installs, Moves, Adds, and Change (IMAC) activities, as well as data backup and restore on certain accounts for clients. They are responsible for resolving problems and performing IMAC's within Service Level Agreement (SLA) objectives and completing all related administrative duties. As the main interface to the customer, they need to understand the local and regional infrastructure and key contacts in the other competencies, i.e. network team, server admin, etc., in order to ensure that the proper team is aware of, and taking action on the problem. Demonstrated customer communication and business skills are therefore needed since direct customer interaction is often required. Accordingly, they have a direct impact on customer satisfaction, and therefore, need to understand their account/site environment. • Resolving customer hardware/software workstation problem tickets.
• Solving issues connecting remotely to physical and/or virtual machines.
• Thinking outside the box providing solutions to issues that the first level of service wasn’t able to provide.
• Technical knowledge of the supported platform.
• Working knowledge of the hardware.
• Resolving tickets within the customer SLA.
• Demonstrating verbal and written communication skills to guide the user and provide technical and process information.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
2 or 4 years of experience in:
• Windows 7, 10 Troubleshooting and infrastructure understanding.
• Computer Hardware and Software Understanding.
• Computer Network Understanding.
• Working knowledge of MS-Word, MS-Outlook and MS-Excel.
• Software Installation/ uninstallation understanding.
• Customer Communication and Business Skills.
• Experience providing remote support.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Previous Technical Support/ Deskside/ Customer Support Experience.
• Service Now Administration.
• Microsoft Office Packages knowledge: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Azure and Office 365 expertise and knowledge.
• Powershell Expertise.
• Excel Macros Expertise.
• Computer Network working experience.
• Software Development basics.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.