As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Do you want to work for a world-class organization, utilizing the best modern technologies for the job?
We are seeking a dedicated application developer interested in working in developing and enhancing software applications to support IBM business. We are looking for candidates with knowledge and experience in SQL, Java Enterprise Edition (experience in web services and spring), HTML, UNIX. The candidate will be capable of defining the user requirements, suggest the solution, and drive the implementation and maintenance of the solution. Candidate should have also demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in English and should be capable of weighing customer needs against technical best practices.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Proven experience in an Object-Oriented Programming Language.
• Proven experience working with Java Enterprise Edition and MQ Series.
• Proven experience in software development for Cloud infrastructure.
• Close teamworking and collaboration across both global and local team environments
• An ability to manage your own time and work independently
• The ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and manage stakeholders
• A passion for creative solutions to real user needs and business problems
• Driven to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, addressing the underlying problem and questioning any assumptions
• Logical approach to problem-solving
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Highly motivated and productive, an entrepreneurial self-starter
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Knowledge working on Middleware applications is a plus.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.