Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Operations Engineer executes the tasks required to fully support the business requirements for settings, visibility and authorizations according to the requirement specifications and client requirements to meet the business day to day needs as well as new enhancement development.
Data management activities for settings, visibility and authorization consider all test systems as well as the pre production and production systems and include the thorough testing of the setups including the specific function/component, access, it's performance, and the regression testing of associated functions. People in this role must demonstrate knowledge of the domain that they are responsible for setting up, managing and testing. Knowledge of each geography's unique environment is necessary.
They must also be familiar with visibility/authorizations, compliance and settings methodologies, tools and agile techniques. The data management specialist will set up environments, design and plan setup and testing activity, develop documentation, manage the funnel and backlog of requirements and/or execute required testing. They must also investigate problems uncovered during testing, or those which are submitted via the Life Cycle Maintenance(LCM) process and recreating those problems as appropriate and executing fix validations. They provide feedback on usability, serviceability and documentation and report status to the appropriate audience.
• Responsible for tracking and implementing approved operations Change Requests for settings data changes/visibility/registration
• Responsible for testing user registration and visibility setup and consulting on ePricer Visibility/Registration(Vis/Reg)
• Attend LCM, Operations and New Invest backlog and weekly change management calls
• Subject Matter Expert for the ePricer Authorization and Settings modules
• Ad hoc support for query development
• Documentation and Education materials preparation
• Support UAT regression testing for Authorization and Settings modules
• SME on access registration tools used by pricing applications, AccessHub, and OneTEAM
• Support Separation of Duties(SOD) and compliance materials
• Initiative, Epic, and Story reviews, for data and testing requirements
• SIT/UAT support and participation for multiple testing cycles
• Production readiness, deployment and post deployment support
• Authorizations and Settings Data/Test lead for Maintenance/Major Releases
• Represent the operations team at project meetings
• Manages schedule with the India team, including communication to the community
• Arrange test environment access, availability and data setup
• Arrange test cases as required
• Test case review and approval for Vis/Reg against requirements
• Check Test Entry Criteria and perform Readiness review
• During test execution, participate in a central Test Group Chat with SME’s, tester, developers and appropriate managers to facilitate communications during active testing
• Provide UAT execution and defect Status, daily during active testing
• Present the Vis/Reg materials during ASCA review if requested
• In the event that a project-wide lessons learned, drive a Lessons Learned exercise
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
JIRA for project management
SQL skills for ad-hoc queries
QMF (IW Ad Hoc reports)
Box for file sharing
Slack & Trello - communication / collaboration tool
Basic Excel skills
Basic/manual Testing skills
Excellent English language communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
5 years of SQL Experience
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.