As an IBM Solution Manager, you'll lead the proposal/engagement team with some of the best minds in the industry to create innovative high quality solutions focused on clients' business needs. Here, you'll cultivate and use your in-depth knowledge of leading edge products and technology, coupled with your industry and business skills, to influence clients. You'll be responsible for creating solution/architecture based on client’s requirements, while helping to identify (and avoid) potential problems, to ultimately ensure the success of solution construction including cost estimation, implementation and system integration.
As a technical expert, you will be required to provide guidance on implementation of proposed solution/architecture. This would include infrastructure sizing, deployment considerations and glue code for systems integration.
You will be subject matter expert in one of the key infrastructure domain - networking. You should have hands on experience in the field of data center switching, routing, voice, Video, security, SDN, SDWAN etc. You will need to have deep understanding of virtualization technologies from (at least one vendor) IBM, VMware, Microsoft, Redhat and a good grasp of Cloud Computing concepts and building blocks of creating an end-to-end private and public IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions.
You will be required to engage with IBM clients at business level, understanding compliance requirements, translating them to technology solutions, writing scope-of-work and presenting technical solutions to them. You must be able to manage large and complex projects working in a matrix environment.
This role may require frequent travel to the customer base location and requires flexibility as critical deals may require travel with a short lead time. IBM clients want precision and predictability out of every business decision. They want to understand the consequences of their solution design decisions and be able to operate with a new level of intelligence. And that's what you'll deliver. Join us.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Should have expert knowledge and good experience in High end solution architecting as well as managing implementation of large projects in the area of Data Networks, Unified Communication, telepresence solutions.
• Should have knowledge in developing security solutions around Network security, including perimeter security, Identity and access control solutions.
• Should have experience of solution design in areas of Data Center Networking, Virtualization and Cloud Networking, Mobility Networking and social and collaboration network solutions.
• Should have knowledge on Software defined Networking and Application Networking.
• Should have knowledge of reference architecture around data, voice, video, security, mobility and cloud networking etc.
• Should have experience in indoor-outdoor campus or building wireless or mobility networking solutions, p2p and MESH wireless solutions spreading across campuses or city surveillance etc.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Professional or Expert Level Industry Certifications desirable. Should have Cisco CCNP /CCDP /CCIE / CCSP or Juniper equivalent Industry certifications
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.