Few places offer as many opportunities as IBM to gain knowledge in your field of expertise, work in a stimulating environment, and be rewarded for outstanding performance. Interested in consulting? Work for an industry leader as part of IBM’s Global Business Services. To keep up with growing demand, we are looking for new talents.
IBM BELGIUM ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT This is the place to be for enthusiastic and talented IT developers who want to quickly develop their know-how and push the boundaries of the possible. You will work on a lot of exciting projects to develop and deliver high value technical solutions to our clients. You will be part of a dynamic community, focusing on innovation and teamwork, like a “start-up” company inside of IBM.
EXPERIENCE EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES • Grow your career as IT Developer • Enjoy a unique and rewarding professional experience • Learn the latest techniques together with enthusiastic colleagues • Deliver the best solutions in the fields of Agile & creative software engineering, iX studio, cognitive and enterprise solutions, and so much more …
GROW YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
• You will have a tailored education plan to accelerate your career as a developer • You will benefit from continuous on-the-job learning and mentorship from some of the best and brightest people in the business • You will have access to a broad portfolio of e-learning and teacher-led training across Europe in various relevant topics • You own and tailor your career journey
We’re looking for freshly graduated or experienced IT bachelors with: • A passion for technology and innovative ideas, eager to learn how technology can solve business problems. • Analytical thinking, with the capability to apply logic to solve problems. • A growth mind-set – the desire to proactively expand your knowledge and improve your skills. • Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to articulate complexity verbally and in writing.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor in IT / Computer Science, or related experience is required
• Java development background
• Up to 2 years’ experience is welcome
• Flexible and interested in new technologies and design techniques.
• Ability to translate business requirements in technical solutions
• Understanding of Data Modeling (UML, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, …).
• Good communication, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
• Ability and desire to work in a varied, fast-paced environment.
• English: fluent understanding, speaking and writing
• Dutch and French: Native speaker in one local language and a good working knowledge of the second.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.