We're looking for a Senior Product Manager- Mobile Apps to join our talented team of people who are passionate about the weather AND innovative product delivery.
Does the thought of working for a brand with a reach of more than 400 Million users worldwide excite you? Do you aspire to be part of a team that impacts the weather experiences of the future? Are you on the cutting edge of mobile technology and excited by the opportunity to lead in this space globally?
If this sounds like you, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As the Senior Product Manager- Mobile Apps, you will be responsible for driving innovative weather solutions and advancing the customer experience through the use of deep weather science and the art of storytelling. Working with cross-functional partners, you will lead the consumer strategy for global apps across multiple brands and platforms while working with key partners. The Senior Product Manager- Mobile Apps will be expected to remain on top of market shifts, competitive approaches, and emerging technology in order to maintain our leadership position.
What you'll do:
● Champion the consumer at all times, crafting generous features and experiences that increase brand affinity, customer engagement and loyalty
● Leverage data and customer research to identify untapped opportunities and develop product plans to address them
● Advance The Weather Channel's strategic and competitive position and deliver products recognized as best in the industry
● Manage and cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Establish shared vision, creating buy-in on priorities across the company
● Manage program metrics and reporting which includes reports and readouts to Senior Leadership
● Own our compliance posture for mobile apps, including security, accessibility and privacy requirements
● Plan product releases, including iterative development and ongoing maintenance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Excellent candidates will have:
Experience & Skills
● Undergraduate degree from top school required; advanced degree preferred
● 5+ years experience in the consumer mobile application space
● 8+ years experience in consumer product management
● Proven success in leading cross-functional teams and projects
● Demonstrated success in tailoring solutions and messaging to executive, legal and development audiences alike
● A self-starter mentality, solving problems and following up on commitments in a timely manner while also being a strong team player
● A strong willingness to experiment and take calculated risks
● Proven track record of successfully influencing a large organization to produce high quality results
● Excellent communication skills- be clear and accurate, and be comfortable speaking in front of large groups
● Ability to deploy relentless initiative and demonstrate ownership in challenging situations
● Experience working in an agile development environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
● Desire to make the best products in the industry hands-down
● Must have a fierce customer-first mentality
● Ability to learn new, complex concepts quickly
● Infectious curiosity - always looking for opportunities to understand diverse points of view
● Self Motivated, open minded with a sense of humor
● Candid, honest and above all thoughtful and kind
Still sounds like you? If so we'd LOVE to hear from you!
About Business UnitIBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments-with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
*12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
*World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
*Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
*Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
*Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
*Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
*Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
*Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.