At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Watson Advertising and Weather (WAMX) is seeking a highly motivated DevOps Engineer to join our Analytics and Cognitive Platform Operations Team and champion DevOps engineering expertise as we continue to reimagine how data drives our current and future business. In this position, you will partner with data scientists, business stakeholders, and team members to design, build, and operationalize strategic data platforms and processes.
● Deploy and operate mission-critical, highly available, and scalable systems
● Manage end-to-end Platform architecture and operational aspects of Security, Monitoring, Logging, DR, Patch Management, CI/CD, and Cost Optimization
● Strategically manage cloud infrastructure and deployments using Terraform with industry best practices
● Participate in software design and code reviews. Reviews include other Software Engineers and are held to ensure a high level of software quality and to share knowledge with team members.
● Participate in, and adhere to, professional software engineering practices using such tools and methodologies as Agile Software Development, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Source Code Management (git), and Jira
● Maintain a high level of proficiency with industry DevOps related knowledge and contribute to the technical skills growth of other team members
● Work well independently and as part of a team
● Participate in documenting systems and processes along with supporting corporate compliance testing
● Troubleshooting and resolving complex incidents in production environments
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
● 5+ years operating and deploying solutions using AWS Service including S3, EKS, EMR, Athena, Glue, and SQS. Experience with IBM Cloud is a plus
● Proficient with deploying and managing CI/CD pipelines
● Proficient using Terraform (or similar tools) to provision cloud infrastructure
● Experience designing, deploying, and operating solutions utilizing Kubernetes with integrations into AWS for security, and IAM role-based authorization
● Deep understanding of best practice approaches to security and compliance
● Experience with developing and operating API and File-based data integrations
● Able to convey information concisely and clearly. Demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and relationship skills
● Able to work closely and effectively with peer developers and deliver solutions using Agile principles
● Desire to join the organization's DevOps community and champion consistent approaches and solutions
● Experience with current big data technologies such as Spark (Hadoop ecosystem), Postgres and No-SQL databases, and Parquet file storage, etc. is desired
● A basic understanding of Machine Learning and Data Science concepts is a plus
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments-with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementSupplemental 1 employees may be eligible for paid holidays, paid sick time and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.