Software Development at IBM Cloud Lab
Internship Job Description :
IBM’s Cloud Platform Services has an exciting opportunity for an internship as Cloud Software Engineer in our IBM Cloud Platform engineering team in the IBM Germany Lab in Boeblingen. This team is developing and operating the IBM Cloud Platform, the platform for cloud native software developers. It is based on Cloud Foundry (PaaS), Kubernetes (IaaS) and other open technologies.
As cloud native developer on IBM Cloud you'll be at the heart of implementing the next wave of IBM Cloud Developer services capabilities and contribute to open source projects such as Cloud Foundry.
You will learn about :
• Many facet of a development of a cloud platform — from the earliest stage of product architecture, design and development to deployment, troubleshooting, and performance analysis – to ensure a reliable quality product in production,
• Agile software development in a world wide team
• Best practices of modern software development for continuous delivery.
• Cloud Technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry and IBM Cloud
During your internship as cloud software engineer, you will get opportunity to:
• See and work on every facet of platform — from the earliest stage of product architecture, design and development to deployment, troubleshooting, and performance analysis – to ensure a reliable quality product in production,
• Support implementation of production ready features and experiences for IBM Cloud Platform
• Work in an Agile environment, developing software components for continuous delivery.
• Learn and follow best practices including pair programing, test driven development (TDD) and automation of daily routine in test, deployment and production.
The local team works within a worldwide development team. Good communication and teaming skills are mandatory.
Interested? Apply now with your full set of documents.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Software Development architecture & design
• Go, Ruby or Java development language
• Automation tooling, such as Concourse, Jenkins, Travis, etc.
• Agile development methods
• German and English: Fluent
• Usage of version control systems such as GIT and other command line tooling
• Microservices architecture and cloud technology in general, specifically Container or PaaS (such as Cloud Foundry)
• Agile development including pair programming
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• PaaS: Cloud Foundry
• IaaS: Kubernetes, OpenShift
• FaaS, e.g. IBM Cloud Functions or Open Whisk
• Published projects or contributions on GitHub, GitLab or similar platform
• Behavior driven development (BDD), test driven development (TDD)
• Operating applications and components on Cloud and Linux/Unix
• Automation of operations procedures (e.g. build, test, deploy)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.