As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge has an immediate opportunity for an experienced forward thinking Hybris Functional Specialist with a passion for growth and innovation. Join our team and utilize leading-edge technology to configure, develop, deliver and support applications for our clients in areas such as Mobile, Big Data, Cloud Computing or Smarter Commerce. Our clients are some of the world’s leading companies and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs.
The SAP Hybris Developer will work in creating the package solution for customers who require customization of catalog and order management on SAP’s Hybris ecommerce platform which is built on Java Spring Frame work. As a Hybris Developer you will work closely with stake holders across the organization to accomplish the following:
· Duties will also include Architectural review , Creation of Cron Jobs and Importing and Exporting Data from External Systems, Versioning the code through Git-Hub
· Participates in the software design, software development, and package implementation using industry standard platforms such as Adobe EM and SAP Hybris Commerce.
· Interfaces with system integrators and IT engineers on projects to ensure proper adherence to SDLC and platform integrity.
· Ensures software developed is held to high quality standards through code and design reviews.
· Effectively communicate with business and technical team members.
· Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions to issues.
· Adapt to new technologies.
· Develop Technical Design documents.
· Participate in Design reviews and Code reviews.
· Contribute to the technical quality of project deliverables.
· Communication of project issues in timely manner with other Developers, Project Managers, QA and Sys Admin functions.
· Contribute to the development of reusable components.
· Collaboration with internal and vendor based developers and teammates.
· Tasks include analysis and design, writing Java code, performing unit testing, releasing code to development and QA environments, and participating in QA testing.
· Duties will also include production support, running and monitoring batch processes/cron-jobs, troubleshooting performance problems, and implementing bug fixes.
· Hands on experience or awareness/knowledge of the new functionality introduced in 6.0 version, such as the rule engine. Back office framework and Smart Edit
· Hands on knowledge of SAP Hybris module/extension development
· Hands on knowledge of configuring, installing and using Hybris with strong functional knowledge of E-Commerce domain.
· Hands on knowledge of SAP Hybris internals – Data Models, WCMS, Cockpit framework. Must have good understanding and working experience with Git and the Git flow model
· More than two (2) years of experience working with Hybris (WCMS, Cockpit, Commerce Accelerator, Search, Payment, Vouchers and Promotions, Security, User Personalization, ImpEx, Data Modeling, Cache, PCM, Cron Jobs).
· Proficient in Hybris foundational concepts and has experience and knowledge of multichannel architecture, data modeling with Hybris, Data exchange and integration
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. As a SAP Hybris Java Specialist, the candidate will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and application design and management to leading commercial and public sector organizations in 17 industries worldwide. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, as a consultant you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities.
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge, LA center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs. Travel expectations are approximately 50%. No remote opportunities exist. Join a leader. Consult with us. Help build a smarter planet along the way.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Working experience with the eCommerce development process in an agile environment and the ability to create solutions for common questions/concerns on this type of platform
Strong knowledge and experience with integrations to back-end systems, in particular other systems in the SAP landscape, Also good understanding of the full Hybris stack including the MVC architecture and integration best practices
Ability to come up with accurate development estimates based on high-level business and/or technical requirements. With the ability to lead and mentor teams of onshore and offshore engineers working on eCommerce solutions.
5+ years of experience in developing websites utilizing Java
2+ years of experience with hybris, ideally holding a leadership role on at least 2 full scale hybris projects / Knowledge of enterprise database systems/Experience with both on-premises and cloud-based deployment models.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience with enterprise database solutions such as Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL with Hands on experience in Hybris core architecture, Cockpits, ImpEX.
Expert in product & content management, account management, order management, pricing & promotions, B2B/B2C commerce / Experience in designing B2B, B2C, multi-site and multi-country, end-to-end implementations of eCommerce platforms.
Knowledge of project methodologies like Agile, Scrum, WaterfallA minimum of 5 years of total IT development experience with eCommerce (B2C and/or B2B) and J2EE applications.
2+ years experience developing Hybris web-based, e-commerce applications in a project-based environment. Must have experience working with DataHub and ImpEx scripts to integrate Hybris with SAP and non-SAP systems.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.