IBM Services Center: Baton Rouge is currently growing its SAP Business Objects team. Join our team and utilize leading-edge technology to develop and deliver next generation applications for Mobile, Big Data, Cloud Computing and Smarter Commerce to our clients. You will be able to gain valuable on the job training while building in-demand technical skills. Our clients are some of the world’s leading companies and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. As a SAP BW HANA Consultant , you will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, application design and management to leading commercial and public sector organizations in 17 industries worldwide. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, as a consultant you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities.
Responsible for the rollout of technical and functional aspects of the SAP BW / HANA solution
Lead the integrated planning, design, implementation and support of SAP BW / HANA based solutions including SAP LT Replication Server, SAP ECC, SAP Data Services, SAP Business Warehouse (BW), Enterprise (Native) HANA and SAP BI/Business Objects in large and complex environments
Interact with both business and technical stakeholders for client companies
Be a team player, proactive, an effective communicator with ability to work independently and manage other development resources
Plan for SAP (Native) HANA or SAP BW implementations including sizing, scoping, high availability and disaster recovery strategy
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience designing and implementing SAP (Native) HANA Solutions, SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and BW on HANA solutions
• Experience with SAP (Native) HANA data modeling, schema management, content import and export, data provisioning technology including SAP LT Replication Server, Data Services and Sybase replication server
• Experience working with traditional SAP BW and SAP BW on HANA features
• Experience with SAP Business Objects (BOBJ) tools, development lifecycle on either BW or SAP (Native) HANA from design through implementation and production support
• Experience with SAP (Native) HANA and SAP BW Security concepts including User Management, Roles and Privileges
• Experience with at least 2 SAP BW on HANA migration, architecture design and implementations
• Experience with technical planning, installation, upgrade, Operating Systems DB migration and Unicode Conversion
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience delivering Proof of Concepts
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.