IBM Services Center: Baton Rouge is currently growing its SAP Business Objects team. Join our team and utilize leading-edge technology to develop and deliver next generation applications for Mobile, Big Data, Cloud Computing and Smarter Commerce to our clients. You will be able to gain valuable on the job training while building in-demand technical skills. Our clients are some of the world’s leading companies and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for SAP Business Objects Dataservices (BODS) Consultants with experience in SAP BODS (Business Objects Data Services) to join our team of IT professionals. In this role, you would be working on SAP Data Services (DS) & Information Steward (IS) projects. Our ideal candidate should have Data Migration experience from ECC or any legacy sources to the Target S/4 HANA or ECC target systems using BOD.
Work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge, LA
Travel as client needs require. Travel expectations are approximately 50%
Work independently or with teams on the design of complex Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) flows along with Data Quality jobs
Work in data migration & integration scenarios in SAP as well as non-SAP environments
Work in the SAP BODS data structures & data flow and provide solution performance (analysis/tuning) and work across business/technology teams
Work in an onsite-offshore model involving daily interactions with offshore teams to ensure on-time deliverables
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience in Business Objects Dataservices
• 2+ years of experience in SQL and experience delivering complex data management engagements, including all phases of project life cycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live phases
• Ability to drive the ETL (SAP BODS) support process and ensure compliance of project standards and deliverables
• Experience with one of the SAP Data Management applications, SAP Master Data Governance (MDG), SAP BODS, SAP Information Steward, SAP SLT, Smart Data Integration (SDI) or Smart Data Quality (SDQ) with team sizes ranging from 5- 20 resources
• Implementation experience and knowledge of Master Data Management, Data Governance and Data Quality
• Experience in Data Migration Cockpit and LSMW (Legacy SysteMWorkbench)
• Experience in loading data into ECC from flat files using Idocs
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Masters in Computer Science
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.