JRSS - Systems Programmer, z/OS System Support - This skill set contains the skills a z/OS systems engineer has to have regarding the use of mainframe products and processes. Software Installation – Coordinate the Ordering, Installation and Customize the z/OS Base Operating System Platform coordinating complex upgrades across the other MF delivery teams.
• Meetings - Facilitate calls to resolve software issues, plan for Disaster Recovery exercises and assist management with balancing department workloads across service team
• Leadership - Provide Strategic leadership for the Customer, Account and Delivery teams for new Project requests or when resolving complex delivery related issues. Manage and assist delivery team with work load balance between members.
• New Business - Build effective working relationships with our new Customers during Transition and Transformation ensuring a smooth cutover to Steady State
• Architectural – Work with Client and Account Team staff to design optimal server solutions.
• Support – Drive investigation and implementation of new tools for increase productivity and improve quality of the environment. Educate staff on proper use of server based tools.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Ability to Install maintain and perform problem resolution on z/OS System Software and associated supporting products. Can independently install and upgrade z/OS running on z/OS, using currently supported versions
Can independently install and upgrade commonly used z/OSTools from IBM & 3rd party vendors
Can independently build & configure z/OS system environments on z/OS
Can independently support problem determination efforts (prime & off-shift) involving z/OS & related software
Can independently manage day to day z/OS system admin requests (e.g. z/OS security, z/OS Healthchecking utilities, etc.)
Can independently execute z/OS system level recoveries (local and in support of Disaster Recovery)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.