We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society, and even the workplace by creating professions that did not exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social, and mobile technologies.
As the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, IBM is a leader in this global transformation and is just the place to continue your career. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced, while new and creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join this IBM team and be part of a diverse and global company of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals.
The Technical Support Delivery team is looking for an experienced Salesforce Interface Developer to join our high-performing application development team. Our portfolio of applications spans electronic support, call/problem management, and entitlement systems. We operate and transform the capabilities for IBM worldwide technical support which is key to IBM’s growth. The Salesforce Interface Developer will be a key contributor on a dynamic squad within IBM Support that develops for external and internal clients on the IBM Salesforce system with the goal of ensuring our client’s success.
You’ll work with developers, architects, project managers, operations professionals, and subject matter experts to help develop and support middleware applications that provide integration and web services to client facing applications used by IBM’s partners and clients. The components you build, test, deploy, and support will become the core components of IBM’s call/problem management infrastructure of the future.
Who you are:
• Self-motivated and self-managed with a demonstrated analytical ability and curiosity
• Takes creative approaches to problem solving, innovation, and issue resolution
• Works independently and within a team setting
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in English
• Live in or willing to move to Austin, TX to work collaboratively in the office
What you’ll do:
• Join an Agile team
• Contribute in transforming IBM technical support
• Propel innovation and contribute to exciting new projects
• Work in a newly renovated Agile space in IBM Austin
How we’ll help you grow:
• Offer an opportunity to be a part of a hardworking team in a collaborative, borderless organization in an inspiring, empowered environment
• Provide a place where you’re proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible
No remote opportunities exist
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 1 or more years’ experience using application integration tools like Cast Iron/App Connect Professional or webMethods Integration Platform to build moderate to complex integrations
• In-depth understanding of IP-based protocols and general usage of SOAP and REST-based webservices/APIs
• Experience with SQL (DB2 preferred)
• Good understanding of ETL concepts and implementation
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Linux/UNIX experience
• VMWare ESXi experience
• Experience using salesforce.com and DB2 as a data source or target in the ETL process
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.