The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This Senior Architect will focus on the design of IBM Public Cloud and enable growth in regulated industries. This position is for an extraordinary research engineer to develop common standards and components to enhance the security and compliance posture of IBM’s Public Cloud.
The office of the CTO for the IBM Cloud and Cognitive Platform is responsible for defining the Financial Services Cloud built using IBM’s Public Cloud. The successful candidate will be a significant voice in the long-term strategic direction of our IBM Cloud architecture, working closely with our development and offering teams.
· Develop a technical strategy to grow the IBM Cloud ecosystem of partners relevant to financial services
· Research and development for the IBM Cloud Platform, with a primary emphasis on security technologies, networking technologies, and compliance and regulatory procedure automation
· Work closely with the individual IBM Cloud service owners and architects to meet requirements and security practices that will accelerate growth and adoption from the financial services industry
· Provide technical & architectural direction for product development and integration of security products and pre-built patterns for secure offerings built on Cloud native container architecture implemented as Kubernetes-based micro-services
· Architecture, design, and implementation of security and compliance standards and related services that provide necessary scalability, performance and cost-effective security of the public Cloud Platform
· Actively participate in architectural decisions, design, and code reviews
· Work closely with distributed teams both inside IBM across Engineering, QA, Product Management in all phases of software development
· Work in a continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous compliance environment, while evaluating and improving these engineering processes
· Help Engineering/Development to perform POCs, evaluating different vendor products.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
BS/MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science or similar field
10+ years of experience in development, building large-scale distributed multi-tenant software systems, preferably in the Public Cloud space
In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Cloud and security architecture, principles, interfaces, and protocols
Familiarity with financial services and banking regulatory frameworks and compliance standards
Proficient with Cloud Native technologies, including Containers, Docker, Kubernetes and Linux
Micro-services based modern software development knowledge and skills in a DevOps environment
Any background and experience in Cloud networking is also desirable, including routing, switching, data center networking, overlay networking, security, and automation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Solid knowledge & skills of Python/Java/GoLang/GRPC/Docker/Kubernetes/Istio/etc.
Track record of large-scale multi-tenant highly scalable distributed system software development
Experience collaborating effectively across remote teams and time zones, and collaborating with Senior Technical Leaders
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.