At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We're looking for a Head of Content and Editorial Strategy to join our talented team of people who are passionate about the weather AND high quality, impartial journalism that inspires, provokes, educates and engages.
Does the thought of working for a brand with a reach of more than 400 million users worldwide excite you? Do you aspire to be part of a team that impacts the weather experiences of the future? Are you moved by the conversations that are shaping our world and looking to make a difference?
If this sounds like you, read on!
As the Head of Content and Editorial Strategy, you will be responsible for bringing user centered storytelling to life that portrays the awe and wonder of weather and our natural environment, keeps people safe and informed, and tells the compelling stories of our time using fact-based reporting. This senior leader will be responsible for elevating our competitive differentiation through storytelling and blazing new trails that brings our expert journalism to new audiences and platforms while continuing to grow on property engagement.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
● Development of new content strategies on and off property; including opportunity size, approach and cadence
● Drive content specific key performance indicators across the business, working with product, design, marketing and partnership teams to achieve success
● Guide the creation of a storytelling product and tooling suite that elevates our editorial leadership and enhances a user's experience and understanding of weather and the impacts it has on an individual, a community and the world
● Plan content packaging for tent-pole moments and always-on user activation, working with the Editor-in-Chief to fine tune, execute and measure performance
● Create strategies that leverage social, PR/comms and influencers to maximize reach
● Identify and cultivate partnerships with publisher brands that align to our mission and our users' needs, working with Business Development to acquire adjacent content that supplements our original work
● Identify, attract and grow talent that resonates with younger audiences; guide on-camera talent in the establishment and cultivation of their own personal brands
● Build social strategy on key platforms to grow audience reach, and allow the brand to participate in conversations where they organically take place
● Lead, manage and motivate editorial team by assigning challenging problems to solve and helping chart relevant career paths
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
● At least 15 years of relevant experience in journalism for a Consumer-facing brand. Experience in, communications, marketing, advertising or other relevant field a plus
● Proven understanding of SEO and product development lifecycles
● Experience building products and strategies for large-scale consumer brands
● Superior written and verbal communications skills, effective delegation and a demonstrated ability to accurately evaluate others' work
● Demonstrated application of combining research, competitive assessments, product analytics and other intelligence to make disciplined decisions based on analysis and expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
● Desire to make the best products in the industry hands-down
● A love of finding the story, the ability to tell it in unique and compelling ways, and the strength to remain unbiased
● A fierce customer-first mentality is a must
● Ability to learn new, complex concepts quickly
● Infectious curiosity - always looking for opportunities to understand diverse points of view
● Self Motivated, open minded with a sense of humor
● Candid, honest and above all thoughtful and kind
Still sounds like you? If so we'd LOVE to hear from you!
About Business UnitIBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments-with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change - to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
*12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
*World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
*Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
*Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
*Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
*Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
*Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
*Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.